On Thursday 6 July, we held our Annual General Meeting (AGM) for 2016/17 at the Aquarius Ballroom in Hednesford. Patients, staff and colleagues from providers and the voluntary sector were invited to attend to hear about the CCG's achievements and future plans. You can downoad the full presentation from the evenings event: pdf CC AGM Presentation 06 07 17 (1.52 MB)
The key topics that were discussed included:
- various achievements in the last year such as patient safety, quality and performance targets
- developed an improved method of face to face engagement - find out how you can get involved
- the Annual Report and Governance Statement for 2016/17 were formally presented, of which you can download the full version Cannock Chase Annual Report and Accounts 2016 17.
- how the NHS is funded and how money is spent - we spent £178 million on behalf of its 132,269 registered population at an average of £1,346 per resident
- we plan to return to financial balance in 2018/19 and we are expected to deliver 1% surplus in 2019/20
- new models of care and how this effects general practice
- the national GP Forward View has five priority areas; access, workforce, workload, estate and IT. To find out our local plan for South Staffordshire you can download this document: GPFV Plan South Staffordshire CCGs.
- our Local Care Hubs will improve population health outcomes, enhance primary care services and integrate community teams.
- we are working with NAPC to develop a primary care home pilot in Rugeley - you can find out more about NAPC online
- a higher dementia diagnosis rate so people are receiving the right support
- the reduction of prescribed antibiotics - antiobiotics become less effective the more they are used and will be prescribed when they are needed.
- we are diagnosing patients earlier with long-term conditions so treatment can begin quicker & managed more efficiently
- we are improving ways patients can access primary care by signposting them to the most appropriate healthcare profession.