In April 2017, the CCG took on delegated responsibility from NHS England for commissioning local GP services. The potential benefits for the patients and the public include:
- Improved access to primary care and wider out-of-hospitals services, with more services available closer to home
- High quality out-of-hospitals care
- Improved health outcomes, equity of access, reduced inequalities
- A better patient experience through more joined up services
NHS England has retained responsibility for commissioning other primary care services such as opticians, dentists and pharmacists.
A pdf Primary Care Commissioning Committee (334 KB) has been established as a sub-committee of our Governing Body to support the CCG in its new role and make decisions on the review, planning and procurement of GP services locally.
It is a committee meeting held in common with representatives from:
- Stafford and Surrounds Clinical Commissioning Group
- Chase Clinical Commissioning Group and
- South East Staffordshire and Seisdon Peninsula Clinical Commissioning Group.
The meetings are chaired by a Lay Member representative and will be held in public, which means that anyone is welcome to attend and observe the meeting.
Meeting Dates and Papers
The next meeting of the Primary Care Commissioning Committee will be held on Thursday 28 September from 10am. Venue to be confirmed.
|Wednesday 26 July 2017||2:00pm - 5:00pm||Trentham Suite, Staffordshire Place 1||pdf Primary Care Committee Meeting Papers 26th July 2017 (801 KB)|
|Thursday 24 August 2017||-||-||Apologies this meeting has been cancelled|
|Thursday 28 September 2017||10.00am - 1:00pm||Rudyard Room, Staffordshire Place 1, Stafford||
Agenda & Papers 28 September 2017
|Thursday 26 October 2017||2.00pm||
Education & Training Room, Marmion House Tamworth
|pdf Agenda & Papers 26 October 2017 (822 KB)|
|Wednesday 22 November 2017||2.00pm - 5.00pm||
Pisces Room, Aquarius Ball Room, Hednesford
|pdf Agenda & Papers for 22 November 2017 (600 KB)|
|Wednesday 31 January 2018||to be confirmed|
|Thursday 22 February 2018||to be confirmed|
|Thursday 29 March 2018||to be confirmed|